The UPSTART program offers a wide array of services to assist entrepreneurial faculty members in the company formation and development process. UPSTART smooths the path to future success by working closely with faculty members as they build value into their technology through new venture creation.
UPSTART provides valuable services to newly formed companies:
- Addressable Market Analysis - UPSTART employs student teams to research potential applications for the company's technology. These teams perform analysis on the size of the addressable markets and work with the company to begin developing product strategies.
- Development of Marketing Materials - UPSTART assists the founders in the creation of marketing materials and business plans for conference and investor presentations.
- Fund Raising Strategies - UPSTART collaborates with the founders to develop strategies and timelines for seeking funding opportunities. Numerous potential sources are pursued including, but not limited to, angel investors, economic development funds, seed stage venture funds, and government grants.
- Management Team Recruitment - UPSTART introduces the founders to entrepreneurs with the experience and capabilities necessary to begin building out the management team and infrastructure of the company.
- Assistant-to-the-Entrepreneur Program - UPSTART matches entrepreneurs with highly qualified students looking for an internship with an early stage company.
- Partnership Development - UPSTART markets the company's technology to potential partners as a method of providing alternative funding sources and to advance the pace of innovative research.
- Commercialization Grant Preparation - UPSTART provides comprehensive support to produce high quality grant applications that are well positioned to secure commercialization awards.
- Template Document Library - UPSTART has assembled template documents covering most of the legal documents that may be required including operating agreements, management contracts, subcontract agreements, etc.
- Preferred Vendor Relationships - UPSTART has developed relationships with several service providers that are comfortable and willing to work with newly started companies that have very limited operating capital.
- Incubator Lab and Office Space - UPSTART offers companies the opportunity to lease both lab and office space for $1/sq. ft./month.
For more information please contact Michael Poisel at email@example.com.