Center for Technology Transfer
The mission of University of Pennsylvania's Center for Technology Transfer ("CTT") is to transfer inventions and innovative knowledge to outside organizations for the benefit of society. CTT encourages invention disclosure; protects Penn's intellectual property; obtains and manages patents, copyrights and trademarks derived from Penn's academic research; and markets and licenses Penn's intellectual property to established companies as well as new business ventures for product development and commercialization.
CTT serves as a bridge between Penn faculty and researchers and the business community. Through technology transfer, innovations may be incorporated into products and services that directly benefit society, as well as research and education at Penn.
CTT's goals are to:
- Provide a comprehensive technology transfer system to Penn faculty;
- Commercialize Penn research discoveries for societal benefit;
- Support economic growth by forging closer ties with industry and launching new ventures based on Penn's technology;
- Attract, retain and reward faculty and students;
- Generate income for future research, development and education.
Please feel free to contact us with questions. You can reach us at CTTinfo@ctt.upenn.edu or by calling the CTT Help Desk at 215-898-9591 during regular business hours.